Just wanted to let everybody know that as of today, Friday April 9th, 2010, Green Lake Financial Partners, my investment advisory firm, is a Registered Investment Advisor with the state of Washington.
Green Lake Financial Partners is a fee-only financial planning & investment management firm. ‘Fee-only’ means we do NOT benefit from any commissions from expensive mutual fund companies, insurance companies, or brokers trading in our client’s accounts. I firmly believe that this is the best way of avoiding conflicts of interest that are so prevalent in the wealth management & financial planning industry.
If you, a family member, or someone else you know is interested in determining if I can help, send me an email today at Ward.Williams@GreenLakePartners.com. We can schedule a free 30 minute consultation (it can be in person, over the phone, or even over email, although the first two options work much better.) Please note that I’m only taking on a limited number of clients right now. To be fair to everyone it will be ‘first come, first served.’
If you’re eager to begin, you can jump-start the process by filling out this questionnaire and sending it to me at the above email address. I also have a (limited) website at GreenLakePartners.com. It has my contact info and some required disclosure and will be updated in the coming months to include more information about my practice.
Currently, we offer two types of services, both of which are aimed at helping you achieve your financial and life goals by enabling you to hang on to more of your money, protect yourself & family, retire, increase your expected investment returns, and live a richer life.
These two types of services are Financial Planning, for a fixed or hourly fee, and Investment Management, for a percentage of client assets under management (AUM.)
Under the financial planning ‘umbrella’, we give our clients a comprehensive recommendation package covering major like:
1) cash flow (looking at cash in versus cash out)
2) retirement planning (IRAs, 401ks, when to take social security, how to retire early)
3) insurance analysis (how to protect yourself, how much coverage you need, where can you find and save on insurance or cut what you don’t need)
4) investing (recommending asset allocations and appropriate investment choices give a person’s time horizon and risk tolerance)
5) banking, savings, and debt management (how to get the most out of banks, lowering ‘bad’ debt levels and interest rates, whether to pay off a debt or invest)
6) Education funding (investing for college, 529 plans, pre-paid tuition, Coverdell Education Savings Accounts)
7) Income tax planning (ways to pay less taxes through tax-advantaged accounts and investments)
8 ) Estate planning (Wills, Living Wills (medical power of attorney), trusts)
For a specified percentage of assets under management, Green Lake Financial Partners actively manages your investment portfolio, picking mutual funds and ETFs that may include stocks, bonds, cash, and REITs that suit your investment goals, risk tolerance and time horizon. We keep your costs low and your assets diversified by finding what we believe are the best & most reliable funds and ETFs. We also monitor your portfolio and make periodic changes (like retirement portfolio rebalancing) corresponding to your age, changing cirumstances, finances, goals, and our assessment of potential investment options.
Required web disclosure:
Green Lake Financial Partners is currently registered solely in Washington State. As a result, investment advisory services can only be provided to Washington State residents at this time.
(With a limited exception: Green Lake Financial Partners can serve up to 5 clients from each non-Washington state. If you are not a Washington state resident, please inquire to see if we can serve you.)